Sunday, April 12, 2009

Three Wardrobe Staples.

While writing the last blog I decided that I would write my own version of a few staple fashion pieces I always have in my closet, so help me mr. bank account balance!

#1 -- the black pencil skirt

Never have I ever gone wrong with one of these.  My favorite part is how diverse this piece really is.  Pairing it with a super ruffly top is totally do-able, not to mention the conservative appeal with a collared 3/4 sleeve, or a plain white tee.

My first original pencil skirt was f
rom BEBE.  Absolutely cute and unfortunately I had to retire it because I seriously wore it 25 times.  So I had to get a new one and luckily found one at FOREVER 21.  Both are absolutely fab.

The plain white tee is the look I usually go for.  I feel overdressed at work if I try any harder.  It probably doesn't look as good as a collared shirt or a ruffled top but it works.

#2 -- the v-neck tank

When I found these at WET SEAL, I died.  They come in every color desire able and are totally affordable!  & Now they're down to 5 for $25!! What a steal!

If you haven't figured it out yet by all my complaining, our dress code at work is only "black & white professional attire".  & Because I sit behind a receptionist's desk, I should look more on the professional side, but sometimes the cutest outfits can only show its full potential in color! & other times, I just feel like a lazy lard with no sense what so ever!

This simple top gets me going most mornings.  I use them as a first & last outfit choice when I'm heading out the door.  It's also great to be active in & it's totally tasteful!  Sometimes I get the cleavage talk but let's face it folks! I DIDN'T ASK FOR THESE, but I am sure as hell going to use what my mama gave me!

#3 -- the cowlick

I think the cowlick dress is super awesome.  A definite staple in my closet, although I didn't realize it until about 4 months ago!  I bought this exact piece, in black, from Fighting Eel at one of their amazing sales.  

I think this dress is good for a conservative feeling day.  It can always be dressed up with a belt, a pin, or a cute pair of boots.  After I bought one I went home and had my mom make me a knitted one.  I haven't worn it yet but I can't wait to show off my mom's skills!  I'm afraid that the day I wear it, it'll be like the hottest day ever, since it's knit.  hmm... oh well, as they say, "beauty hurts!"

Hmm, now what number should I add to my wardrobe next?!  HA!  As if I NEED more clothes!

...WHO am I kidding?! I'M A LADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment